Digibus®: Public demonstration from August 10th in Koppl
For the first time, the automated Digibus® will run according to a timetable in August, September and October 2020 in a public demo. With this demo operation in the Salzburg municipality of Koppl, both the integration of a self-driving shuttle into a supraregional mobility system and new interaction concepts are tested under real conditions. All trips with the Digibus® are free of charge.
Framework conditions for the Demo Operation:
- Timetable: The demo runs from August 10th to August 28th and from September 21st to October 16th, 2020. During this time, the Digibus® will run in five courses on weekdays between 9 a.m. and 1.30 p.m. as a supplement to the existing line 152. As a result, the previous hourly service of line 152 is compressed to a half-hourly service as a test. The timetable can be downloaded here: DIGIBUS TIMETABLE 2020 (German)
- Route: The Digibus® runs between Koppl town center and Koppl Sperrbrücke (connection to line 150 Salzburg – Bad Ischl).
- Safety operator on board: As before, a trained safety operator is required on public routes who monitors the operation of the shuttle and can intervene at any time. An employee from Postbus AG will always be on board during the demonstration.
- Covid-19 measures: It is mandatory to wear a face mask. In addition to the operator, either three people not living in the same household or four people living in the same household are allowed to board. The shuttle is regularly disinfected by the operator between trips.
- 3rd generation of the Digibus Shuttle: The third and latest generation of the EasyMile EZ10 Gen3 Shuttle is available for this demo operation in Koppl. The sensors in particular have been improved in the last development step.