Digibus®: Public demonstration from August 10th in Koppl
For the first time, the automated Digibus® will run according to a timetable in August, September and October 2020 in a public demo. With this demo operation in the Salzburg municipality of Koppl, both the integration of a self-driving shuttle into a supraregional mobility system and new interaction concepts are tested under real conditions. All trips with the Digibus® are free of charge.
Framework conditions for the Demo Operation:
- Timetable: The demo runs from August 10th to August 28th and from September 21st to October 16th, 2020. During this time, the Digibus® will run in five courses on weekdays between 9 a.m. and 1.30 p.m. as a supplement to the existing line 152. As a result, the previous hourly service of line 152 is compressed to a half-hourly service as a test. The timetable can be downloaded here: DIGIBUS TIMETABLE 2020 (German)
- Route: The Digibus® runs between Koppl town center and Koppl Sperrbrücke (connection to line 150 Salzburg – Bad Ischl).
- Safety operator on board: As before, a trained safety operator is required on public routes who monitors the operation of the shuttle and can intervene at any time. An employee from Postbus AG will always be on board during the demonstration.
- Covid-19 measures: It is mandatory to wear a face mask. In addition to the operator, either three people not living in the same household or four people living in the same household are allowed to board. The shuttle is regularly disinfected by the operator between trips.
- 3rd generation of the Digibus Shuttle: The third and latest generation of the EasyMile EZ10 Gen3 Shuttle is available for this demo operation in Koppl. The sensors in particular have been improved in the last development step.
Digibus® Testing Winter 2019/2020
The Digibus® is also active in winter. In the training area of the ÖAMTC in Teesdorf, tests will be carried out in the coming months in the areas of passenger communication and capacity management.
Pictures: © BOKU and Salzburg Research
Digibus® test rides 2019 completed
The test rides in Wr.Neustadt and Koppl have been completed for 2019 and the Digibus® is saying goodbye to the winter break after successful tests. During the Lower Austria State Exhibition the Digibus® was driving 527 km and transported 2.228 people. In summer 2019, 65 test drives with 191 transported persons took place in Koppl.
Further information on the results of the test runs will follow shortly.
Pictures: © Prisma Solutions and Salzburg Research
Digibus® Demo Day at ÖAMTC Verkehrstechnikzentrum Teesdorf
Networking meeting for trade visitors and demo rides with the Digibus® including demonstration of newly developed and proven technologies for passenger communication, V2X communication, incident management, capacity management etc.
Pictures: © BOKU Wien and Salzburg Research
For more information see: https://www.salzburgresearch.at/en/event/digibus-demo-day-at-oeamtc-verkehrstechnikzentrum-teesdorf/
No-Operator tests with the Digibus®
Austrian premiere: On September 19th 2019, the autonomous Digibus® was driving for the first time without an operator, only monitored by a supervision control center. 16 people joined the unique opportunity. Salzburg Research aimed to 4 different scenarios.
Pictures: © wildbild, Herbert Rohrer
For more information see: https://www.salzburgresearch.at/en/presseaussendung/der-selbstfahrende-digibus-faehrt-erstmals-fahrerlos/
Further information and first findings of the tests will follow soon.
Experience the mobility of tomorrow with the Digibus®:
We have ongoing technical test on a regular basis.
Duration of the demo drives/operating times: On request
Route: between Koppl centre and Koppl Sperrbrücke
If you are interested in a free demonstration, please contact us at email@example.com. The transport of children under the age of three and persons in wheelchairs as well as the transport of prams is not possible at the moment.
Test drives in Salzburg are operated by Salzburg Research and ÖBB Postbus.
Wiener Neustadt, Niederösterreich
Test our free automated shuttle at the Lower Austrian State Exhibition “World in Motion” in the centre of Wiener Neustadt!
- Duration of demo drives: Beginning of May until mid of September 2019
- Operating times: Tuesday until Saturday from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm and from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- Route: Wiener Straße between Hauptplatz and St. Peter an der Sperr
Please note that there will be no test drives on the following days: 15.06. and 28.06. We ask for your understanding that the route may change at short notice and that operation may be interrupted at short notice due to weather conditions or events. Unfortunately, it is currently not possible to transport children under the age of three and to take wheelchairs and prams with you. Information is also available at the information points of the City Wiener Neustadt: Altes Rathaus, Kasematten, Museum St. Peter an der Sperr.
If you are interested in a demonstration with a school class, we kindly ask you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Test drives in Lower Austria are powered by Mobilitätsland NÖ and VOR, operated by PRISMA solutions.
The Digibus® is back in Koppl
In the last week of May, the self-driving minibus was programmed with a new test track in the municipality of Koppl (Salzburg). The new route leads from the community center to the turnoff to Hinterschroffenau and has a length of approximately 650 meters. As a test vehicle in the project the model EZ10 of the French manufacturer EasyMile is used.
First test drives for research purposes have already been carried out. Dates for public test drives for interested persons are announced here in this section under “News”.
Digibus® at the TRA in Vienna
The Transport Research Arena (TRA), Europe’s largest transport research conference, took place in Vienna from 16 to 19 April. The flagship project “Digibus® Austria” was presented at the conference. The autonomous vehicle EZ10 of the French manufacturer EasyMile was available for test rides during the congress. A total of 274 congress visitors particpated in the test drives over the four days.
Following the TRA, the autonomous vehicle was transported to the municipality of Koppl in the Salzburger Flachgau region where it will be used for research purposes within the scope of the project “Digibus® Austria” now.